Wednesday 2 June 2010

Ouch! My Eyes, My Eyes!

So, sticking to the theme for the next month or so, THE WORLD CUP, I thought that I would review the WORST kits to grace the world stage.

From flames to stars, and from stripes to sweat patches, a few of these will be sure to make you hurl - so go on, 'ave a butchers!


What exactly were the designers of the USA Away 1998 strip thinking?
Seriously, I understand the whole stars thing, but what is with the green, this is the USA we are talking about! And with the red shorts!

This, the Brazilian goalkeepers shirt of 1994, is just plain odd. To me, it's just a whole lot of shapes and colours thrown onto a piece of fabric...
The goalkeepers shirt of Colombia, 1993 is truly shocking - squares in pink? Having said that, I AM loving the hair - in fact, it is a little like mine!
A whole lot of scribbles on a yellow shirt with long sleeves and arm pads... It could only be the Czechoslovakian goalkeeping shirt of 1990.
This has to be one of my favourites, I mean, I knew that footballers sweat, but I didn't know that they had to hide it with their clothing -surely they could just use Lynx or something? And that neckline is something that only Louie Spence could be proud of. Oh yes, and the matching gloves = GENIUS. (Italian goalkeeping shirt 2006)
Okay, this is just the ULTIMATE. Fire flames. Man, these guys were COOL. (Japanese goalkeeping shirt 1998)
And finally, the award for the most colourful strip goes to... (drum roll)... the Mexican goalkeeper of 1994...
Katee.

1 comment:

  1. ahaha :D
    i would so wear the mexican goalkeeper one ;)
    your post made me smile btw.

    ReplyDelete