Thursday 17 June 2010

It's All Gouda!

So, I thought it was time for a world cup crime update... And I thought that this one just about topped the bunch!

An Argentinian football fan called Ernesto Soldati stole a slice of Gouda from a supermarket in Pretoria. The master criminal saved a massive R12.99 in doing so – or he would have saved R12.99 if he had escaped capture. But alert security staff collared him and he ended up being hit with a R200 fine. I would say that that is some expensive cheese, but 200 South Afican Rand comes to about £17.81...


Charged with theft at a special World Cup court, Soldati claimed he was in the shop with friends who left him behind. Quite why that’s an excuse to steal cheese, I don’t know.

But, I guess it's all Gouda!!

Katee.

2 comments:

  1. Weird guy...
    What's the 'R' meant to be?
    A dollar sign?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. South African Rand... That's explained in the last sentence of that paragraph...
    :)

    ReplyDelete